"I'm passionate about educating parents and professionals about ways to promote healthy oral and facial development in children so that they can reach their full genetic potential."
Donna Maxwell, MA CCC-SLP, owner of Oral Dynamics, LLC, is a nationally certified speech and language pathologist licensed in the state of Kansas. Donna earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Speech and Audiology Sciences and Master of Arts degree in Communication Disorders from Western Illinois University. In addition, she earned a Supervisory Endorsement from Governors State University and pursued coursework in Entrepreneurial Studies at Johnson County Community College.
Donna has extensive experience working with clients of all ages from birth on up. She specializes in evaluating, diagnosing and treating oral motor and orofacial myofunctional disorders associated with complex speech difficulties, tongue and lip ties, tongue thrust, oral dysphagia/feeding, oral habits (thumb/finger sucking, nail biting, tongue/cheek chewing, etc) and sleep disordered breathing. Donna values an inter-disciplinary approach to treatment and welcomes the opportunity to work with other local health professionals (ie orthodontists, dentists, oral surgeons, ENTs, chiropractors, pediatricians, lactation consultants) to best meet the needs of her clients.
Accreditations & Professional Recognitions
- Nationally Certified Speech Language Pathologist
- Specialized training through the International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM)
- Certified provider of Simon Says programs
- TOTs Specialty Trained Professional
- Talk Tools Intermediate Oral Placement Therapy Provider
- Kauffman Praxis Program for Apraxia of Speech certification
- ACE Award Recipient from American Speech Hearing Association (ASHA) in
recognition of exceptional commitment to continuing professional education
- CPR for Healthcare Providers
- Bachelor of Science degree in Speech and Audiology Sciences from Western Illinois
- Master of Arts in Communication Disorders from Western Illinois University
- Supervisory Endorsement from Governors State University
- Entrepreneurial Studies at Johnson County Community College